[bookport] Re: Beta 27

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:06:20 -0400

Well, if you want to speed it up, not a chance! But, if you don't care
about increasing speed, navigating by sentences, or setting bookmarks,
bypassing Book Port Transfer might be for you.

>>> lskutchan@xxxxxxx 04/25/05 01:01PM >>>
That is up to you.  It is just there for when you want it.

>>> r-carter@xxxxxxx Monday, April 25, 2005 12:52:39 PM >>>
Hi,

So, do you recommend bypassing the transfer software when you want to
listen to an mp3 file such as a podcast?

Robert

At 11:47 AM 4/25/2005, you wrote:
>Basicaly, if you just copy a file to a card then put that card in BP,
>you can use navigation commands to move through that file.  This is a
>great aid in podcasts and other mp3 files.

>Hi,
>
>Beta 27 does seem to have fixed the cutting off of phrases in audio
>files.
>I have found no other problems so far.
>
>Could someone explain what you mean by Book Port now supports
>navigation
>for unindexed mp3 files. What has changed. Are you talking about
files
>that
>have not been sent via the transfer software? Are you talking about
>files
>that have been sent via the transfer software but that are just
>straight
>mp3 files like podcasts? How does one need to set the software to
take

>advantage of the navigation? Should the software be sent to treat the
>files
>as music or as audio?I don't see anything about this in the manual.
Did