[bookport] Re: Beta 23 Fixes Battery Problem

  • From: "Liam Martin" <noatman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:59:41 +0000

Larry,

there is another factor which affects the voices in Bookport ? its not
volume, pitch or frequency. I had thought it was frequency, but now that we
are able to vary that, I can tell its not. It has to do with the level of
crispness or clearness of the pronunciation. It first appeared in Beta 15
when the voices changed. The pronunciation was actually clearer. But there
was also a certain tightness or tautness to the sound that I could not
listen to for any length of time. Finally in Beta 22 it went away. The sound
was looser ? actually less clear ? but I could listen once again for hours
at a time. Now with Beta 23 that tautness has returned and my Bookport has
again become the proverbial doorstop. Any idea what causes that tautness ? I
can?t think of a better word?

Liam