[bookport] Re: Beta 2.1.0.22 - Lengthy pause before page number is announced in Settings

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:46:19 -0800

        Hello Walt.  This bug is not new, and, as a matter of fact, I just
asked APH about it on this list.  I could believe, however, that the new
firmware exaserbates the problem.  You're right, though, it's somewhat
annoying, and, it seems like an easy one to fix.
-Brian

On Jan 17,  3:56pm, "Walt Smith" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Beta 2.1.0.22 - Lengthy pause before page number is an
} I don't recall this being an issue prior to the new beta. To reproduce:
}
} 1. Position yourself in a file at, say, two-thirds of the way through the
} book. The book should have a fairly large number of pages.
} 2. Open the Settings by pressing the 0 key. Use either 2 or 8 to navigate to
} the Page Number selection. My unit takes a noticeable period of time to
} announce the page number if it's, say, page 225 or something like that. I
} can almost hear the device counting the pages. <g>
}
} As I said, I don't recall having seen this in any previous beta or official
} release.
}
}  --
}  Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL