[bookport] Re: Beta 13 Firmware

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:51:22 -0500

With Windows 2000, it's always a good idea to wait about 20 or 30
seconds before disconnecting, to allow the Windows Buffer time to empty.
This is normal behavior that 2000. I use it here at work and have gotten
in the habit of doing this.

>>> gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/22/05 08:33AM >>>
I had to do the firmware install twice. I've noticed when I use
Win 2K that sometimes disconnecting the BP when it sounds safe to
do so causes problems. I've not found this with XP. This morning
I downloaded the update, disconnected when asked, and then found
my Book did not initiate an update. I reconnected it after
dismissing with Win 2K message about unsafe removal of hardware,
and when asked to disconnect it once again, I gave it a few
seconds.

Gary