[bookport] Battery solution was:

  • From: William Stephan <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:59:00 -0600

Motorola has a nice system for their Talkabout radios that might be just the
thing for the BP. They use what are essentially 3 AA batteries in a plastic
sleeve.  There are contacts for charging and corresponding slots or holes in
the battery door.  They provide a cradle with inserts that allow you to

 charge the unit while t's in the cradle, or charge the battery independently,
or both with a spare battery.  You can also easily remove the rechargible
battery pack and use AA batteries off the shelf.  As I said, this is a 3
battery system, but I'm sure it could easily be made with two.

i-----Original Message-----
.>> >>> ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, February 01, 2006
.>>12:39:22 PM >>>
.>>I must chime in here.  I have never had a problem with the current
.>>battery contacts.  And I would hate to see the batteries become
.>>something that cannot not be replaced by the user.  There are many
.>>battery charging systems that allow users to recharge batteries, and I
.>>firmly believe that having the ability to replace the batteries makes
.>>the Bookport portable and easy to use.  Think about it, APH, if there
.>>were some kind of proprietary battery system, you'd have even more
.>>Bookports coming in for repair than you ever did for battery contact
.>>issues.  People would have to routinely send their devices for service
.>>when the battery died.
.>>