[bookport] BP upgraded today - APH staff look here

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:24:17 -0700 (PDT)

I upgraded both the software and firmware today. Had one small
issue during the BP Transfer upgrade - the default directory to
install disappearred on me so I had to browse for the directory
which is c:\program files\aph\book port transfer

To be sure I called APH and they told me the above directory was
correct. Why did I lose the directory name in the edit box? I
always do a insert+b command to review the dialog boxes with
JAWS 6 and use the tab key and jaws cursor. Just my way to be
sure.

Copied this from BP Transfer's About button:

About Book Port Transfer
Book Port Transfer version 2.1.0.0graphic 245  Copyright (c)
2002-2005, American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
Book Wizard Reader version 1.0.8.0
Copyright (c) 2001-2005, American Printing House for the Blind,
Inc.
ComRec audio engine version 6.4.0.0
Copyright (c) 2000-2005, American Printing House for the Blind,
Inc.
Portions copyright (c) 2001-2005,
Springer Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Portions copyright Aubible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Includes Xaudio software, Copyright (c) 1996-2002,
Xaudio Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
LAME MP3 Encoder version 3.95 (www.mp3dev.org)
Book Port firmware version 2.1.0.0
Book Port serial number:not shown by Petro OK

To APH:
Is my Book Wizard up to date?
The "Notes" folder appeared in my folders area on the BP so I
know the new version was downloaded on the BP.
What i s the keyboard command to hear firmware version on the BP
device itself?
Is this lame_encodr.dll found on my PC's hard drive or within my
Book Port's unit. I know some applications requires a
lame_enc.dll in order for them to work.

Thank you again for your assistance over the telephone.

Petro