[bookport] Re: BP unresponsive after firmware upgrade (Pamela)

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:00:30 -0600

Not necessary at all!  I have a 128 meg card.  I have 66 files on it, all
e-texts, and the upgrade went smoothly.  I'm having a lot of fun with the
notetaker.  I've just got to learn computer Braille.  Where is that table
again?

At 07:56 AM 1/28/2005, you wrote:
>Thank you. For those with small cf cards it would be wise to see
>the firmware beta file size before attempting to download it to
>the BP. And I only have a 128 mb cf card at the moment. If it
>were me I would empty all the files I have added to the card
>before doing the firmware download.
>

>--- PAMELA RADER <PRADER@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yes, that is correct. Although when the firmware is first
> > transferred, it =
> > temporarily goes onto the flash card, then when it gets
> > executed, it is =
> > transferred to the unit, itself. So, if the card is full, or
> > there's not =
> > enough room for the transfer, it won't get downloaded.=20

> > I always thought when it comes to firmware upgrades it only
> > adds/changes the brain of the hardware device and nothing to a
> > compactflash card. Let me know APH staff.
> >

> > --- Richard Turner <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Peter and Rob,
> > >=20
> > > Mine failed too.  When I checked the card in a flash card
> > > reader, there=20
> > > were a couple bp files that were corrupted.  I put the card
> > > back in the=20
> > > bookport, formatted the card and then tried the firmware
> > > update=20
> > > again.  This time it worked without a hitch.
> > >=20
> > > It took about 20 seconds to go through the update once I
> > > unplugged the USB=20
> > > cable.
> > >=20
> > > Richard
> > >=20

> > > truely failed.) =3D

> > > work, although =3D
> > chkdsk
> > > on the =3D
> > > problems there.=3D20

> > > failure of the =3D
> > in
> > > the past, =3D
> > > brand-new 2GB=3D20
> > On
> > > the other =3D
> > > Book Port. =3D
> > > Book Port =3D

> > > flash card out
> > > batteries are=3D20
> > help
> > > you with
> > > Port informed =3D
> > > program to =3D3D
> > > Afterwards, I=3D3D20
> > > installed.=3D3D20=3D20=3D

> > and
> > > the Book =3D3D
> > > installed, and =3D
> > the
> > > firmware =3D
> > Port
> > > to allow =3D
> > > dead. It does =3D
> > my
> > > computer I =3D
> > > something like that. =3D
> > > removing the =3D3D
> > reviving
> > > the Book =3D3D
> > > check out the =3D3D
> > >=20
> [...]

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...