[bookport] BP software/hardware corruption

  • From: rts2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 03:20:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hello all,

I haven't used my book port in a while because of school being out for the summer and I just tried hooking it back up to transfer my etext files for this semesters books however after transferring part of the files I tried listening to one but instead was given a message "error opening file. file i/o error". I had also received a similar message on some older files which had been on there before transferring my files today only it made mention of hardware or software in the second part of the error message.
Does anyone have suggestions or knowledge of how to resolve this problem. I have tried formatting the card and changing the files from .doc to .rtf but neither attempt has worked. Since I have never received an error like this on the BP I am unfamiliar with troubleshooting this type of device. I tried looking at the manual but didn't notice anything about error messages in it. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Richard
rts2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx