[bookport] Re: BP Audio player is possess

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:12:23 -0500

Jacques:

It sounds like a part failure, however, if it is working, you may want
to wait to send it in. It's really up to you. Usually, by the time I see
that behavior, it is constant, not intermittent like it is with yours
now.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> jacques.bosch@xxxxxxx 03/28/06 01:57AM >>>
Hi all.

I was listening to an MP3 file yesterday; I pressed forward or backward
or
louder or softer, or something like that, while the file was playing,
and
the next moment the file started playing at about 10 times the normal
speed.
It really sounds like turbo chipmunk mode.
There after all my audio files sounded the same, even normal music
MP3's.
I reset the BP a few times. No change.
I then copied all my files off on to the PC, formatted the CF card,
upgraded
to 2.2, and copied all my files back.
Tried my audio file again. It played for about 3 seconds fine, and then
it
sped up again and there was also an incredible amount of static and
noise.
Then all the files did that.
Now, after about 1 hour of leaving it, I tried again, and now all my
audio
files work just fine.
This was a very strange experience and a bit worrying.
Anybody have any comments on this?

Thanks.
Jacques