[bookport] Re: BP 2 dead and buried

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:34:22 -0600

Rick, I mean no offense here. I want to make that clear from the start. If someone has a problem with what I say, I am sorry. Life is too short to let a post such as this offend you.

I spoke with a guy who spoke with a guy who spoke with a guy who spoke to someone who spoke with Larry... or was it with someone else from APH? I don't remember... If the APH staff tells us this, then we can believe it is true. Otherwise, wait! Does anyone remember the old party game called, Gossip? Unless you absolutely have hard evidence, never rely on third hand information. You will save yourselves an awful lot of sleepless nights.

Even if this information is true, I am thankful for the Bookport I have. I am sorry for those of you who sold yours, but my parents always told me, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch." This is still wise advice no matter how old-fashioned it sounds.

Larry Keith, or Pamela will have to tell me they have given up on the development of the BP2 before I believe it. And if they do, I don't intend to stop living!

At 04:03 PM 11/8/2007 -0500, you wrote:
I Just spoke with a guy on the phone today that spoke with a guy at APH in
customer relations that stated the BP 2 was shelved permanently and perhaps
in a year or more they might come out with a new device.  He stated that the
Victor stream pretty much beat APH to the street and they couldn't catch up
with it.

So there you go BP 2 fans.  I guess it's time to go get a stream.  That's my
plan here.

I'm sad that APH couldn't get the BP 2 out and more sad they tried to keep
it under wraps even when they knew it would never see the light of day.

Rick

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.