[bookport] Re: BP 2 dead and buried

  • From: "Stan Robinson" <stanrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:22:50 +1100

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kitty Litter
  To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 7:43 PM
  Subject: [bookport] Re: BP 2 dead and buried

  I think people greatly under estimate the difficulty writing good software
  for products like the BP or the Stream. You don't just put it in the oven
  and wait till it's done. I would much rather a company not release updates
  until they work properly. This constant moaning and crying about this is
  laughable especially since the whiners probably don't have a clue.

  I am not sure Companies such as Apple & Microsoft would agree with you, nor
their customers.

  Gem of the Week: Leopard's First Tweaks
  By Dan Frakes (macgems@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

  Whenever Apple releases a new version of Mac OS X, two things are certain.
First, it will be better than the previous version. Second, there will be
things about it people arent that happy about.

  Leopard is no exception, and among the biggest early complaints have to do
with its interface: the new Dock, the partially-transparent menu bar, lined
Finder windowsin other words, the things youll be looking at whenever youre
using your Mac.

  As I did back when Tiger was first released, this week I took a look at some
of the first tools for tweaking Leopards interface. If youre one of the people
who isnt completely thrilled with the new look, its possible to make Leopards
appearance not only bearable, but perhaps even enjoyable.
  Read the whole Gem: