[bookport] Re: BP

  • From: "Stan Robinson" <stanrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:34:58 +1000

What was wrong?  Your problem sure had me stumped, and I would certainly
like to know if you found a solution.

The answer to your question, is No.

The final decision by those who know the Windows operating system was, I had
damaged the system and the only way out of the problem, was to reformat the
HD.  I guess, 23 years of using an Apple Macintosh and only 12 weeks with a
PC, is bound to cause any number of OS glitches.
I uninstalled the BP software and then tried to reinstall, only to find the
Wizard book reader had disappeared.  After a number of uninstalls and
reinstalls and still no sign of the Wizard, I gave up.
During this shambles I also lost my DNS speech files, in which I had
invested about six hours of training time.
The language after this discovery was not for general consumption, hence the
delay in answering your e-mail.

With the OS now in good health and my limited knowledge of the PC, things
are improving.

In an effort to fast track my learning of the new system, I have purchased
about $100 worth of books.  Reading these is a slow process when looking for
answers to very simple questions.

Will you become a volunteer helper???

Regards,

Stan Robinson.