[bookport] Re: BOOK PORT TRANSFER, BOOK PORT SPIDER AND BOOKWIZARD READER

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:00:24 -0400

Book Wizard Reader is included, in a limited version, on the Book Port =
disk, but I am not sure about that error.  Are you using a screen access =
program?  Which version of Windows are you using?

>>> cutways@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Saturday, May 08, 2004 5:31:18 PM >>>
Hi all:

I finally received my Book Port on Thursday after waiting almost three=20
weeks for it to arrive. Chances are it's the Canadian rather than the =
US=20
postal service that is at fault. As I mentioned after joining this list =
the=20
day I ordered my unit, I had evaluated the Book Courier for a couple of=20
weeks and almost bought it; but I'm glad I took the time to read the =
Book=20
Port documentation on the APH web site and chose Book Port instead.

The day I ordered my unit, I downloaded BP_SETUP.EXE from the APH web =
site.=20
Although Larry answered my question that I didn't have to wait for my =
Book=20
Port to install the software, I only got around to installing it about =
an=20
hour ago. The install went smoothly as I would expect. I was surprised =
to=20
see a Book Wizard Reader icon on my desktop as well as icons for Book =
Port=20
Spider and Book Port Transfer so I launched it to see what would happen. =
I=20
got the following error message:

APH Speech Environment Error
failed ase startup
OK

Was Book Wizard Reader included in BP_SETUP.EXE by mistake or is it=20
dependent on Book Port Transfer being active? Or, is its only purpose =
here=20
to permit transferring digital talking books to the Book Port?

Cheers,

Steve