[bookport] BOOK PORT TRANSFER, BOOK PORT SPIDER AND BOOK WIZARD READER

  • From: Steve Cutway <cutways@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 17:31:18 -0400

Hi all:

I finally received my Book Port on Thursday after waiting almost three
weeks for it to arrive. Chances are it's the Canadian rather than the US
postal service that is at fault. As I mentioned after joining this list the
day I ordered my unit, I had evaluated the Book Courier for a couple of
weeks and almost bought it; but I'm glad I took the time to read the Book
Port documentation on the APH web site and chose Book Port instead.

The day I ordered my unit, I downloaded BP_SETUP.EXE from the APH web site.
Although Larry answered my question that I didn't have to wait for my Book
Port to install the software, I only got around to installing it about an
hour ago. The install went smoothly as I would expect. I was surprised to
see a Book Wizard Reader icon on my desktop as well as icons for Book Port
Spider and Book Port Transfer so I launched it to see what would happen. I
got the following error message:

APH Speech Environment Error
failed ase startup
OK

Was Book Wizard Reader included in BP_SETUP.EXE by mistake or is it
dependent on Book Port Transfer being active? Or, is its only purpose here
to permit transferring digital talking books to the Book Port?

Cheers,

Steve