[bookport] BLACKHOLE DIRECTORY PROBLEM

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:21:13 -0700

        Hello.  I don't expect this problem to be common at all, but I'm
wondering if anyone else has seen it.
        My Bookport is experiencing a strange affliction at the moment, which
seems to be a real head scratcher.  If I make a directory on a flash card,
and put files in it, either indexed texts or MP3's, or just plain unindexed
Mp3's, when I disconnect the bookport from the computer, I see the
directory, but Bookport swears there's nothing in the directory.  Worse,
pressing the *0 keys to ascend out of the directory back to the root
directory yields no joy there either.  Removing the memory card, and
reinserrting it allows me to read and navigate the stuff in the root, but
visiting directories merely yields the message, "There are no files".
Reconnecting the Bookport to the computer shows the directories, with their
contents, to be fine and happy.
        When the problem first began, it was just one directory.  Now, having
reformatted my flash card, it affects all directories.
        As I say, I don't think this is a common scenario at all, I'm just
wondering if anyone has seen it.  If not, I'll keep investigating and
report what I find.
-thanks
-Brian