[bookport] Available Bibles

  • From: "Michael Bowman-Jones" <mikebowmanjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 00:08:16 -0700

Greetings.

I don't know if anyone has noticed or commented on this as I have not been on
the list that long, but the BP's construction, keypad function, and synthesizer
are (I am pretty sure) exactly the same as those for the Bible Courier.  The
Bible Courier, of which there are ten different versions, is available from the
Lutheran Braille Evangelical Association in Minnesota; I think the link to them
is LBEA.org.  The Courier is not free--the cost is subsidized--but it does
allow for bookmarking and the other features that those BP readers who wanted
to download a Bible version were most interested in having available.

I hope this helps.

Michael