[bookport] Audio files not playing and Daisy 2 books not playing

  • From: zubair younas <qau_zubair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 05:24:14 -0700 (PDT)

  Hello Everyone!

 The problem that I am facing since I got the Book Port device is that I could
not hear the voice of any .wav or .mp3 files on the Book Port device. By
pressing "5" shows that the file is being played.

 When transferring any 8-bit Mono audio file from PC to the Book Port device
through the Book Port Software gives the error ?Only 16-bit PCM uncompressed
wave files are supported.?

 Interestingly the recorded file that the Book Port device generates in Memo
folder is also 8-bit Mono file but its voice is easily heard when played. The
file recorded by the Book Port device has the following specifications.

 Bit Rate-88kbps
 Audio sample size-8-bit
 Channels-1-(mono)
 Audio sample rate-11-kHz
 Audio format-PCM

  Secondly the Book  Port device does not play the Daisy 2 and 3 books with
audio. The Daisy 3 books without audio are properly played. But the Daisy 2
books without audio are not properly played. I use the Book Port Software to
transmit the files from PC to Book Port device.

  If anyone can guide me to play the audio files on the device and to help me
to play Daisy 2 books on the device, it will be appreciated.

  Zubair Younas.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.