[bookport] Re: Audio V. Text.

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:15:18 -0500

Yes, you will have a drain on the batteries when it is hooked up to the PC.
That's the reason why we put that audio sound in there that occurs every 30
seconds or so to remind you that you're connected to the PC, so you don't run
the battery down.  So you don't want to leave it there a long time.  It's
better to have your files ready to go before plugging in, or disconnect while
you're doing other things.  And, if you're sending a lot of files that need a
lot of processing, you might want to send 1 or 2 at a time, to minimize the
battery drain.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx 11/20/07 12:05AM >>>
That reminds me, is the consumption of battery energy on the bookport greater
when it's
hooked to a PC in transfer mode than when one is simply reading with it? I
notice
that I have to change the batteries more often when I've had it on the computer
lot.

Marta
Writing in contracted braille from her mobile manager
So please tell me if the translation to regular print that the device is
supposed to do
worked.