[bookport] Re: Audible format confusion

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:48:08 -0400

In the interest of keeping the information flow as accurate as possible,
here's what Audible told me regarding the issue of format 4 not showing up
when I went to the download page for my book. It should be noted that my
hard drive is a 40 gb model and currently has a total of less than 10 gb on
it and that I have the settings he mentions in place already:

Dear Walter,

Whenever the area of your hard drive that holds your temp files gets too
full you will not be offered the higher formats that are larger in size.
Once you clean out your temp files you once again will be offered format 4.

Delete your Temporary Internet files

In Internet Explorer

Select Tools from the Menu Bar and then Internet Options. On the "General
Tab" in the Temporary Internet section click the "Delete Files" button  and
then click OK.

Next select the "Settings" button. Under "Check for newer versions of stored
pages" select "Every visit to the page". Click OK and return to the General
tab.

Sincerely, John