[bookport] Audible Woes

  • From: Barry Scheur <bscheur@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookport List <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 02:58:57 -0500

This may well be a test of whether blind users really matter! The "New
Releases" list by week is attrocious, and the loss of the "Skip to Main
Content" is a drawback! Audible may well be one of the most used sites on the
web by us, and what should really happen here is that the folks at APH, who
support the device with the Bookport and promote its access to audible content
as one of its main advantages, ought to use its public relations impact to make
things known.
If not responded to, I would suggest that Larry be designated to indicate that
a machine with x number of sales that has supported and promoted the utility of
Audible content for blind users has been made less useful!
There is also an audio book magazine (which I believe is "Audio Digest" or
"Audio World" that could use a letter to the Editor or two.
There are only two things in life that ultimately makes businesses respond -
economic pressure, or signifiicant embarrassness or ridicule.  We need to try
both.
By the way, Audible deserves kudos for their customer service and their
patience! Every time someone there asks me if I'm using Jaws or Window-Eyes, I
want to cry in appreciation.
Barry Scheur
President, Talking Solutions Corp.