[bookport] Re: Anybody have a good earphone recommendation?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:37:44 -0500

If you are looking for wonderful external speakers... Try the Bose Wave Radio. Bose has spoiled me!!!!!! It is not portable, but it DOES sound great!

At 10:11 AM 6/16/2006, you wrote:

Hi Randy.

I have 2 recommendations, one is over the ear, and the other in the ear plug type, both of them under $50.

1. Sennheiser px100. You can find these on the net for about $40, maybe less, and they sound terrific for both spoken word and music. They are open air type phones so they don't really keep any sound out, but they sound superb for that price range.

2. Creative EP-630 ear plugs. You can find these on EBay for about $20. Someone else turned me on to these and you would not believe the sound you get from these plugs. I have some very expensive in the ear type plugs costing well over $100 and these Creative ear plugs sound just as good if not better. Honestly, they sound amazing, especially for the price. Just an eBay search for "creative ep-630" and I am sure you will find a ton of them. These definitely keep out the noise, but I certainly wouldn't use them when out traveling with a cane or guide dog.

I kind of like having both pair as the Sennheisers can be used without blocking out exterior noises like phones ringing or doorbells. The Creative ear plugs are great when you want to read a book at night in bed or just don't want to be disturbed and still get great fidelity.

Honestly, my preferred mode of listening is with no ear phones at all and through a good external speaker, but you won't go wrong with either of the models I mentioned above.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro
--rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx