[bookport] Anybody have a good earphone recommendation?

  • From: "Borst, Randall" <reborst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:36:53 -0400

The earbuds that came with bookport sound just fine to me in relatively
quiet places.  However, in noisier environments, I find I have to turn
the volume up too high for comfort purposes in order to hear what
bookport is saying.  So I want to find a comfortable set of earphones
that will cover the ear and sound good with bookport.

I'm concerned that high Fidelity earphones might tend to exaggerate the
popping and booming and static that the TripleTalk synthesizer is
notorious for.  Any suggestions?

I looked at the ones in the APH catalog, but $10 sounds a bit, dare I
say, cheap.

Has anybody tried the noise canceling headphones from Sharper Image?

Randy Borst
Director of Disability Services
25 Capen Hall
University at Buffalo