[bookport] Re: Any new fermware in the works?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:41:13 -0400

I don't think we've ever received an advance announcement of a forthcoming
beta and for good reason--very few software development organizations are
willing to stick their necks out, given the problems that can arise--even at
the last minute--in getting a release out the door. Occasionally, I've seen
mention that "We hope to have a new beta out within a day or two," but
that's about as far in advance as you're likely to get until you connect one
day and are told there's a new one or see it announced here.