[bookport] Alarm with associated files

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:58:35 -0600

Hi,

When I associate a file with an alarm, the file only starts playing after I press the 2 key to silence the alarm. The BP stays in alarm mode even after the file has played. The only way that I have found to get out of alarm mode is to press and hhold the 2 key as if I was checking the time. This returns the system to normal use.

I don't know how others feel, but I find the wording of the items under the sound setting confusing. The word external is used to describe the speaker that is inside the Book Port. The word internal is used to describe the sound that comes out of the headphone jack. I suggest using built-in for the speaker that is inside the Book Port and headphone for having the alarm come through the headphone jack. Admitedly there may be better words but at least I am interested in starting the discussion.

Robert Carter