[bookport] Re: Administrative Questions

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:20:25 -0500

Good question!  We certainly don't want to make things more difficult
for the average user, but at the same time, we don't want to enable a
potentially serious upgrade for just anyone, say a student in a
classroom.

What brought this all up is that we want to correct any errors on the
flash card before sending the firmware code to the card, and in order to
correct the errors, Windows demands that the user has administrative
privledges (which makes sense).

>>> marlaina@xxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:28:30 PM >>>
Hi Larry.  That would be no issue here, but I wonder if it would be an
issue
for the average, not high powered user who either is not the admin, or
doesn't know what the heck that's all about.  What benefit would be
gained
by this change?

Marlaina Lieberg