[bookport] APH, RFB & D books, Book Wizard, and 1 other APH product query

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:02:45 -0700

Hello,

I know that part of APH's Book Port Transfer, a demo of Book Wizard Reader
is installed.  I recently installed my RFB & D Authorization key.  It is
working and I loaded my book into the Book Port.  However I discovered sort
of by accident the following:

Not all of the content of the book was on the Book Port.
Missing was the introductory section of the book, the title page, table of
contents and introduction.  The file on the book port had all the navigation
right on, the page numbers, the greater sections were navigable.

On noticing this, I put my RFB & D book cd into my pc to see what if
anything I could discover.  I have a licensed copy of FS Reader and the
aforementioned demo of Book Wizard Reader both on my pc.  The FS Reader
would NOT read the file and said I had not the authorization.  But the Book
Wizard did pop for me to put in my PIN number, and it read for fifteen
minutes.

So this made me wonder about 3 things:

1. Why is it do you think that not all of the book was delivered into the
book port?  I  did replicate the transfer onto another CF card with the same
result.

2.
I assume I would have to purchse full version of the Book Wizard software in
order to use this.  Is this correct?

3.
Would I have to purchase yet another authorization key to use the FS Reader?
Tjos question I know does not relate to APH or the Book Port, but I'm
curious.  I really liked how the Wizard did, it seemed to read much smoother
and navigate a bit better than the FS reader does using speech.  So I am
considering purchase of the full version.  I would guess that electronic
version would work okay with RFB & D books. Is that right, or would the CD
version be better?

4. Okay, here is another question about another APH product.  I am really
tired of battling Quicken year after year with access issues, and though I'm
using it okay, I have been thinking of looking for another application.
While looking at the Book Wizard on the APH website I ran across a software
called Money Talks.  I am considering purchasing this, and I wondered if
other Book Port users or APH customers might comment to me off list if they
would choose.

Thanks.
Rik
d28rik@xxxxxxx