[bookport] A workaround for large file placement

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:28:40 -0700

Hi folks,
This morning I attached my bp to my computer. My ame was to try and get the
two halves of a 550 mb daisy file in one directory so I could flip from
chapters in the front, to example material in the back of the book.
Previously I had tried to put both halves in the same directory, but, since
the bp software doesn't allow that, the first half was erased by the second
half.
So, I connected the bp and opened up windows explorer.
I went in and found the second half of the book. I renamed the files,
leaving the extentions in tact, but adding a B to the end of the initial
file name. Then I moved those files, placing them in the same directory as
the first half of the book.
It works like a stiff drink on a cold night! Just the thing!
BP reports the filenames correctly--that is that it tells me the name of the
daisy book and the page numbers asociated with that particular file. The
file name change does not seem to affect the operation at all. I can quickly
flip back and forth between files and things are good!!!

Have fun!
Rusty