[bookport] A runaway BookPort

  • From: "Francis E. Khan" <fekhan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:39:38 -0400

Hello:
I was demonstrating what my unit is able to do to a couple of VI teachers and
when it came to speeding up the reading, it excelled!  The speed went to
something like 6 and when I tried to stop the reading by pressing the 2 on the
keypad the BookPort continued to behave like a runaway horse and nothing I
tried would cause it to cease.

It would appear that all the other keys simply froze and it was necessary to
remove one of the batteries.  This has never happened since I received the unit
in November and I would appreciate an explanation of what could have caused
this malfunction.  The only other problem is when I stop the reading and when I
start the BookPort goes back at least six lines.  I hope that this can be
corrected in a future firmware update.

Francis Khan