[bookport] Re: A question of time

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:00:48 -0600 (CST)

Besides which, due to one thing or another, my clock is barely ever accurate for more than a week at a time anyway, so I rarely even bother setting the BP clock.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, David Tanner wrote:

First of all, the intent, I believe, is that if you are going to be a beta
tester that you will keep up with new betas as they come out.  If you look at
what has been happening you will see that there is usually a new beta at least
once every three months.  And, I'm not sure that there is any timer watching
the date on your unit anyway.  Of course if you thought you were getting close
to the three months since you had installed a beta and a new one had not come
out it would probably be time to post a message to Larry asking whether there
were going to be any problems if the three month limit were crossed.  A final
solution might be to reset the date on your unit so that it didn't think that
the three months had been crossed.  I would not suggest that this last choice
is the best, but it probably would work in a pinch.