[bookport] Re: A couple of problems with the Book Port

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:42:06 -0400

Does the error give you the name of the file that it is trying to find?

The manual must go onto the card, but the good news is that it is small. =
=20
The next version of the firmware requires the manual to be there with the =
new help key.

I thought you were the one who couldn't figure out how to get the manual =
onto the flash card.

Did unplugging and then re-connecting the Book Port take care of the =
problem of not recognizing the device?

>>> micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx Thursday, September 09, 2004 4:32:42 PM >>>
Hi gang!  I attempted to install part one of the 9/11 commission report =
onto=20
a new 128 megabyte flash card after launching the book port transfer=20
software by connecting the book port.  I received an error message to =
the=20
effect that there was a problem with the hardware recognizing the =
device.=20
Also, the manual installed onto the flash card and I did not want that =
to=20
happen.  How do I prevent the manual from being installed onto a new =
flash=20
card?  Also, despite the fact that when I highlight the audible.com files =
in=20
the combo box and hear the title of part one of the 9/11 commission =
report=20
is shown, I hear that the file is not found when trying to send it to =
the=20
book port.  Please help.

Michael Massey=20