[bookport] A bookport transfer question

  • From: "Susan Frazier" <golden.quella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:29:51 -0400

Hello.  I am new to the bookport and have a problem.  I installed the updates
to the transfer software and the firmware.  That is the only new thing I can
think of that occurred before this problem.  Now when I try to transfer a file,
it says:  82 bookport can not create this file and it gives the name of the
file with an e\ before it.  I don't have an E drive.  So I don't know why this
is happening.  I tried renaming the file and some other things.  Then I
uninstalled the program and reinstalled.  Tech support people always tell me
this the first thing to try.  Well, it reinstalled and remembered all of its
former settings.  I am going to try installing the program on my laptop and not
updating.  Can anyone help?  Or has anyone else found a problem like this?  My
computer always works on the Murphy's Law principle.  I have confused some tech
support people so much that they have actually hung up on me in total
frustration.  Thanks, if you can help.  Susan and Quella