[bookport] Re: A Step-by-Step Guide For Converting four-trackhalf-speed cassette-based Data to MP3 Digi

  • From: "Nolan Crabb" <ncrabb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:01:47 -0500

About a month ago, you wrote: The only information that needs to be changed
is
that the sides with the braille side up  are not sides 1 and 4 but rather 1
and 3.

Wrong you are, sir.

You may mean stereo tracks one and three, but they sure are tracks one and
four according to the audio.  I'm aware Those tapes clearly announce
themselves as track four and track one after the conversion is done.  I used
the NLS numbering system here as opposed to the stereo track numbering
system, which is probably what you're referring to.  I did that
deliberately, assuming the stereo numbering system would be confusing to
people who did the conversion.  But I trust by now, you've long ago  written
the new and improved version of my tutorial.  I'm a little behind in the
e-mai.

Nolan, who converts tracks one and four, then turns the tape over and
converts tracks 2 and 3.