[bookport] Re: A Key Describer function

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:54:24 -0500

I've set several bookmarks in the copy of the manual that's on the BP so
that if there's something I need, I can navigate to it quickly. From time to
time, the subject of a key help function has come up here (the BookCourier
has such a function) and it's been my experience that after a week or two,
it very well may not be necessary. The various functions are so rationally
defined that I've found them very easy to remember and I've had to refer to
the manual for keystroke help extremely rarely after I used the BP for only
a few days. I wouldn't object to such a feature unless it were to use up
finite memory on the BP, itself, but while I thought at first that I'd
really need it, I found out very quickly that everything just became more or
less automatic.