[bookport] A Key Describer function

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookport" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:50:58 -0600

OK, someone is probably going to tell me that what I am asking for
already exists and I haven't found it.  Anyway...

What about having a toggle key that is a "Key Describer: such that
when you turned it on, any key you pressed would tell you what it did.
I realize that this is harder than it might be in most applications in
that some buttons on the Book Port do different things while in idle
mode and others while one is reading.  So, perhaps you need two
different "Key Describer" keys.  One describes the idle functions as
you press them, and the other describes what happens when you are
reading a file.  Oh yes, and I just realized another problem, there is
also a difference in what some keys do in Audio files versus
electronic files like Word files, etc.  Do I hear another "Key
Describer" function.  Perhaps this is not the way to go, but simply
taking one to the complete "Book Port users manual when help is
invoked may not be all that helpful for a beginning user.

Neal