[bookport] Re: 4gb card

  • From: Pamela Rader <prader@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:06:07 -0400

Hi:

First of all, it is better to go ahead and create a folder for those books
right up front.  Otherwise, this will clutter the root directory and you'll
eventually have problems.  Even after you create the folder, we recommend that
you keep no more than 20 or 30 files in a folder.  You may be able to have more
files, if they have really short names.  You'll have to experiment and see.
There's no way to know for sure, but audio files tend to be more problematic.
Sometimes, over time, the folders will become more sluggish to respond, thus,
the reason for the recommendation.

Pamela