[bookport] Re: 4 Gig card.

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 09:31:49 -0400

Some cards have switches on them that actually control whether they
operate as 4 gigs or 2 gigs, so you might chech to see if it has one and
what setting it's on, as it might be set to 2.  You might also try
reformatting it, first with the BP then with the computer, if all else
fails.  Four gig cards should be formatted to FAT 32.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/07/07 05:12AM >>>
                Can anyone help please?
  I bought a 4 gig card, that someone on the book currier list
recommended and said worked
really well in the book port.  However, when I put it in my port
nothing happens and when
I remove the card it says something like panic? and puts the key lock
on.  is there
anything I can try to make the card work or is that it.
Many thanks for any help.
Shell.

It has removed 571 spam emails to date.