[bookport] Re: 4 GB compact flash card

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:49:23 -0500

OK, that is interesting.  I read somewhere that the limit was 2 GB, but I =
am glad to hear this is not the case.

As Clarance points out, this will work with Book Port, but what will not =
work is formatting the card from the device.  Actually, that will work, =
too, but you will only get to use 2 GB of the space, because Book Port =
uses FAT 16 when it formats.  The device does, however, read FAT 32 =
formatted devices albeit a bit more slowly than the FAT 16.

>>> cranston.sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, December 15, 2004 9:15:24 =
AM >>>
I found a 4 GB CompactFlash card on

www.memorysuppliers.com=20

It is made by Sandisk, and it is a type I card.  I checked very =3D
carefully about the type.  It is still very expensive, $349, but if =3D
anyone has money to throw around and is in an experimental mood, it =3D
might be worth looking into to see if it would work with a BookPort.

Sarah.