[bookport] Re: 2GB card questions

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:15:31 -0700

        Hi Richard.  The only file you might lose by formatting on the Windows
machine is the manual in the root directory of the card itself.  If you
have a copy of the manual on another card, copy the two files comprising
the manual to a temp folder on your Windows box, and, after you format the
bad flash card, copy those two files to the root directory of the newly
formatted flash.  This should get you going.  For what it's worth, I format
all of my cards on something other than the Bookport because I find that
with my 1-GB cards, I get about 50more Megs out of the card if I don't let
the BP do the formatting.
So, while I think this bug should be fixed, you can work around it in an
entirely satisfactory manner, I think.
-Brian

On May 2,  5:05pm, "reb503@xxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: 2GB card questions