[bookcourier] Re: new to the list.

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:44:36 -0000

Hi Chris.

In answer to your question, so far as I know, Springer Design have no
immediate plans to support Vorbis files.  Unfortunately, Vorbis files
require a higher processing power to decode from that which the BC is
capable so I understand.  At the moment, Springer Design are implementing a
Daisy 2.0 audio filter which will enable playback of daisy 2.0 formatted
books such as those available from the talking book service of the united
kingdom as well as other sources.

On the upside, there are a number of free and commircially available tools
capable of converting vorbis files too and from a number of formats.  I'm
sure if you do a search on google for keywords such as vorbis file
conversion you should come up with something.  If any other listers have any
recommendations they are welcome as I sometimes use Vorbis files myself.

Warmest regards, Ibrahim Gucukoglu