[bookcourier] Re: Transfer Tool Problem

  • From: "Graham Lewis [gjl]" <gjl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:21:33 +0100

Debra,
            I think you are right about the way the transfer tool opens up a
directory to display file names.  I have never really understood the advantage
of using the first line of each file as its filename in bookcourier.  I really
wish it would just use the filename it already has on the computer.  It is
particularly annoying when I load a large number of files which have the same
first line.  The tool then tries to obverwrite the first with each new one and
I have to go back to the computer and edit the forst line of each file.

Anyway, it is'nt going to br changed now.

My advice is to work with many small folders, avoid too many subfolders and
think about preparing the files before you load them onto the bookcourier.

Graham Lewis
Co-ordinator, CDSAP.