[bookcourier] Re: Daisy and e-books

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:01:43 +0100

HI

Do you know if these are Daisy 2.02 or Daisy 3 books/ If they are Daisy 3, Book
Courier doesn't currently support Daisy 3 audio in any way and is unlikely to
since they aren't doing much more development on it any time soon.  If they are
Daisy 2.02, you need to use the options in the "Daisy" menu to define the
location of your daisy books, and then choose the "View Local Library" option,
which will cause a list of all of the books in that location to be displayed in
the list in the TT main window.  simply browsing for the files that make up the
Daisy book will not work.  As far as Ebooks go, check that your book is in a
supported format (txt, bks, brf etc) and then read the relevant section of the
BC user guide.  If it is not in a supported format you will need to convert it
to a supported format if that is possible.

Hope this helps

James