[bookcourier] Audible content quality info

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:02:14 -0500

Does anyone know the MP3 sampling rates used for Audible content?  I can't seem
to find that info anywhere on Audible.com now.  I'm not a member but have had
significant experience ripping audio books I purchased to MP3 for listening on
an MP3 capable CD player.  I'm wanting to compare and contrast Audible's
content against that.  What I'm looking for is something like "High quality
files are 64Kbit/s, 22,050 Hz, Mono".
P.S. - BookCourier tip: To aid in remembering the orientation of the batteries,
attach small pieces of tape or self-adhesive tactile dots to the inside of the
battery door in a way that's meaningful for you.  The tape or dots can be
easily removed with a little WD-40, then washed with soap and rinsed under cool
water to clean the battery door with no evidence the aid was ever there (in
case of BC replacement).
-Greg