[boo] what it sounds like happened...

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "boo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <boo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:55:26 -0800

from the driver of the other vehicle (in a facebook video), who surrendered to the authorities peacefully, it sounded like the now deceased militant fled the scene until stopped by a second roadblock. A woman in Finicum's rig said there was a heated discussion between him and someone else in the vehicle, after which Finicum jumped out and charged an officer. He had told the others earlier that he would rather die than be arrested. It sounds like he made that choice, knowing officers would have no choice but to shoot him. I hope the arrested militants who were in the vehicle will tell the truth about what happened. Those still at the refuge seem to believe the authorities shot an unarmed man maliciously... even though one of their own who was in the first vehicle has a facebook video telling what he saw happen and what the woman who was in the vehicle with Finicum and later released told him.

I hope there were cameras at the scene taking videos of what actually happened.

The truth does not rouse supporters around the country the way the lies do, and the remaining militants at the refuge believe (according to the live feed from the refuge) that militants from all over the country are converging on the refuge now. I hope that is not true.

Linda
--
http://lindafink.blogspot.com/
http://lindafink-birdnotes.blogspot.com/