[boo] SIGN TODAY: Don't let Trump remove protections for our marine sanctuaries

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "boo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <boo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:41:54 -0700

League of Conservation Voters

URGENT: The Trump administration is trying to remove protections for hundreds of thousands of square miles of protected marine areas. Fight back today » <http://action.lcv.org/site/R?i=ntWk3YROCbzqRh-DdhWsKQ>

        *DEADLINE July 26!*

Donald Trump is trying to remove protections for our nation's greatest treasures marine sanctuaries and monuments.

        *We have just ONE WEEK to speak out. *

SIGN TODAY <http://action.lcv.org/site/R?i=q9BEH1RUFfXkaHBr9pTsXQ>

Linda,

*Removing protections for our national monuments wasn't enough for Trump — now he and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross are going after hundreds of millions of acres of protected marine sanctuaries. *

Iconic marine areas such as Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary off the coast of California, Thunder Bay Marine Sanctuary off Michigan, and Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument off Hawaii are all at risk.

*If Trump and Ross get their way, these protected areas will be opened up to oil and gas drilling and the unique habitats of thousands of marine species and birds could be destroyed. *

The Trump administration is threatening America's heritage: our nation's natural and cultural wonders at sea. The public comment period to speak out is *only open until July 26th.* Without our comments, Trump could claim there is little public opposition to shrinking or eliminating marine sanctuaries and monuments. *Don't let that happen. Make your voice heard today!*

Submit a public comment by 7/26: Tell Trump HANDS OFF our marine sanctuaries » <http://action.lcv.org/site/R?i=o3t-zm66e_6XWHkauuvVKg>

Our marine sanctuaries protect a rich array of ocean species, including deep-sea ecosystems that support some of the rarest ecological communities in the world. They drive coastal and oceanic economies, generating $8 billion from commercial fishing, tourism, and recreation activities. By restoring fisheries, protecting against the dangers of offshore oil drilling, and providing a buffer against climate change, marine sanctuaries are critical to the nation's economy, health, and security.

Rolling back protections to allow energy and mineral exploration and other extractive activities will jeopardize local costal economies and turn our oceans into a playground for Big Oil. Don't let Trump prioritize corporate profits at the expense of our country's natural heritage, cultural identity, and scientific opportunities.

LCV supporters across the country did an incredible job defending our national monuments that are under review, submitting over 340,000 comments to Secretary Zinke! We must continue to fight and keep public waters in public hands.

Our public waters are under threat! Leave a public comment TODAY and help protect our national marine sanctuaries and monuments » <http://action.lcv.org/site/R?i=eexlAvjQwXy8ZqtOYdw0jg>

Thank you for all you do.

Kristin
Kristin Brown
Director of Digital Strategy
League of Conservation Voters

This email was sent to linda@xxxxxxxx <mailto:linda@xxxxxxxx>. If this isn't the best email address at which to reach you, update your contact information. <http://action.lcv.org/site/R?i=oA8COD7MwJ5M3CXxLNQRbQ> Staying in touch via the League of Conservation Voters’ email list is the best way we have of keeping in regular contact with supporters like you across the country and letting you know about the ways you can take action to protect the environment. Click here <http://action.lcv.org/site/CO?i=UYtbkPulXurPgNJCoBJj2tI8HU6HH2TI&cid=0> to unsubscribe from our supporter list, but if you leave, it will be harder for you to stay involved with LCV and continue the work that you've been such a critical part of. LCV wins environmental policy fights and elections because of dedicated activists like you, and we'd love to hear your ideas. Send us any comments, criticisms, or feedback here <mailto:feedback@xxxxxxx>, or just reply to this email! Thanks for your support.

1920 L Street, NW Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
202-785-8683 <#>

DONATE TO LCV <http://action.lcv.org/site/R?i=tiUTfVsIqGDnWgDIFo2_3w>