[bmtgraduates] Re: Public speaking as a person who is visually impaired

  • From: "Valverde, Loraine, M" <LValverde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bmtgraduates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bmtgraduates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 20:12:23 +0000

Hi Sylvia, Thank you for this insight. I just came back from a briefing that
I do to speak about our store and generally there are approximately 20 people.
So I feel that my challenge is mostly not being able to see the faces and
understand how they react to what I am talking about. Pretty much just quiet.
Today I started my speech with how beautiful the weather is (which has been
totally awesome lately). So I thought this might spark a little enthusiasm
but I did not hear anything as such.
Should I just assume that it was a good speech? How do I determine that I did
a good speech that will grab them?

I will take any suggestions you may come up with.

Thank you!

Loraine M. Valverde
BASE SUPPLY CENTER (BSC) Luke AFB
Operated by: ARIZONA INDUSTRIES FOR THE BLIND
P: 623 535-8003
F: 623 535-8021
E: lvalverde@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:lvalverde@xxxxxxxxx>

"Your Authorized ABILITY ONE Store"