[blindza] This past weekend

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:22:00 +0200

Hi

Was at a camping/water-related function this past weekend with my bike club. We were at Bronkhorstbaai, and I first rode on a small motor boat with some other people to get a feel for being on the water, but then, they insisted that I drive/steer the boat for a while with someone sitting next to me telling me when to steer left/right and when to close the throttle.

I must say, it's obviously relatively safe since there wasn't much traffic and obviously, on the water, there's not much chance of hitting anything or getting any road rash. LOL.

Funny enough, I also had a small little boy sitting on my knee about three times that afternoon afterwards, and he was just chatting about all sorts of things like blindness, braille etc. etc. When we left this morning, he even came and hugged me twice. He seemed like a quite intelligent/sharp little boy, and FWIW, his dad is a very good friend of mine as well.

Cheers

Jacob