[blindza] Re: PC audio book reader

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 21:29:41 +0200

GomPlayer is a full multimedia player, but, it's pretty much what I use for most media, including audio books on the PC, partly since it can handle bookmarking, and, under playback portion of context menu - all functionality, etc. is available through just the context menu - if you turn on voice adjustment, then you can speed up playback speed without losing voice quality too much:

http://player.gomlab.com/

You can also install it quite simply via ninite.com, but, up to you, and, besides context menu, you can also just use hotkeys to do almost anything - you'll learn them off the context menus in any case.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017-07-11 11:32, Hettie wrote:

Hi Jacob
Would you please send me the link to the pc audio book reader you posted a while ago? I think you were also involved in its programming.
Thanks tons.

Hettie

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za