[blindza] Re: Minor food preparation/serving issues/irritations

  • From: "Carl de Campos" <carldc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:36:29 -0800

Hi Jacob, very interesting observations.

I've never been any serious cook, but I find I get to know more or less how long various cuts of meats are ment to cook at what temperatures.

What I find very tasty and blind friendly, is I have an old slow cooker. I also don't have problems cutting veges and thing into various sizes, and with the slow cooker you literally quickly on high "brown" the meat and onions, etc. +-3 min on high, and then bash it on slow and later moer in the veges and wait until fairly soft. I experiment with spices etc.

Spreading bread becomes an issue if the spread is hard and the bread soft.

I use a cheese grater to make cheese last longer, I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I find using greated cheese instead of slicing it can go further, that's mentally.
Thanks / Regards
Carl de Campos
E-Mail:  carldc@xxxxxxxxxx
Cell:  078 750 0307