[blindza] Re: Mieliepap in microwave

  • From: Dewald van Deventer <dewaldvandeventer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:22:07 +0200

Hi.
This is a bit strange.
I usually, just making mieliepap for myself, just took one cup mieliemeel, and one cup boiling water, with just a bit of salt, usually one of two teaspoons. Mix eerything together in a pirex bowl, put in microwave for 5 minutes or so;
take it out, stir, put in for 3 minutes;
take out, stir, and put in for 2 minutes.
Then it's nice and stiff, as we call it: stywe mieliepap, and about enough for one or two persons.

Can't remember if this is the exact recepe i used, but i didn't put any baking powder in.
And i put butter in afterwards, or during the stir.

Serve with milk and sugar!

On 2012/06/11 07:05 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
This is something went looking for a little while ago, and it's what
will be having for brekkie this morning - and only 2 things to keep in
mind are that I generally drop ingredients down a bit in proportion,
partly since it sort of seems to explode/expand in size during cooking
process, and, the other thing is just measure water into an empty kettle
before boiling it, so don't need to bother about measuring boiling hot
water...<smile>
Anyway, just thought this might be of some interest now that winter has
arrived...
Mielie pap in microwave
ingredients
3 cups mielie meal
1200 ml boiling water
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
4 dessert spoons margarine or butter
method
place mielie meal in microwave dish (approx. 2.5l dish) and microwave it
on high for 5 minutes.
add baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly.
Mix margarine in boiling water until melted.
Add boiling water with melted margarine into mielie meal and mix
thoroughly until there's no more dry mielie meal.
Microwave with lid on dish on high for 8 minutes.
Take out and mix thoroughly.
Put back in microwave with lid on and microwave on high for another 8
minutes.

DL van Deventer
Cell: +27824614865
E-mail:
dewaldvandeventer@xxxxxxxxx
Fax: +27867214949
Skype: <dewie007>
Facebook: <Dewald Louwrens van Deventer>
---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za