[blindza] Re: Introducing myself

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:01:32 +0200

Nice one.

With regard to driving a car, there are a couple of events over in the USA
where blind guys get to drive/race cars around those oval tracks with a sighted
companion.

With regard to taking photos, the vOICe that you can install as an add on to
your camera phone helps you to aim the phone's camera and then let's you take
photo's using it's own shortcut key:
http://www.seeingwithsound.com/midlet.htm

This software also turns your camera phone into a colour sensor FWIW.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA